Decision Making Using Excel
Instructor: Galit Shmueli, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Statistics, University of Maryland.
Venue: Rigsum Institute, New Campus (behind Hotel Pedling)
Summary: Data is an essential part in project planning and decision making. This workshop, intended for top level management & decision makers, will show how Excel can be used effectively for quantifying uncertainty, managing risk, and understanding and presenting data. Participants will actively use Excel throughout the workshop.
Pre-requisite knowledge: Basic knowledge of Excel. This workshop is intended for top management and decision makers.
- Excel in Business
- Long term project planning (NPV, de mand curve, optimization, diversification)
- Quantifying uncertainty & risk man agement (Expected values, variability, correlation, portfolios)
- Data management (organizing data effectively)
- Data summarization & presentation (summary statistics, effective tabulation & aggregation, Simpson's paradox, effective data visualization)
- Excel functionalities: statistical & economic functions, one-way & two-way tables, pivot tables, scenario manager, solver add-in, charts